What are keywords?
Keywords are the words you type into the search box in a database like EBSCO, Gale Literary Sources, or JSTOR.
Keyword searching tips:
1. Remember: Library databases are not Google! You can't type in an entire sentence, so use keywords!
2. Keywords are usually the nouns, noun phrases, and main words in your prompt, thesis and/or research question.
3. Less is more! The more words you type in the search boxes, the less results you will get.
4. Don't be afraid to play! Try different words, or combinations of words, and multiple databases.
Try some of these keyword searches:
- Hamlet and Ophelia
- All the Light and Doerr
- Importance of Being Ernest and Wilde
- "All the Light We Cannot See" [or the title of your text]