Use the tips and tricks below to locate statistical information and data using the library's databases.
The amount, currency, and quality of data and statistical information within each database will vary by topic. If you are unable to find any useful information using the library databases, have a look at the open web resources listed to the left and on the Open Web Resources tab.
- See “Browse Reports” to locate a report - arranged by Year, Issue, and Pro/Con - on your topic
- If your topic has a CQ report, click report title and locate report sections list on the left screen
- Click "Graphs, Maps" to see the statistics related to the reports topic
- Please note the dates the topic was published and that the list of currently published topics is small. Note: This method does not work for "Hot Topics" reports
Gale Opposing Viewpoints in Context
- Use "Browse Issues" link to find a topic OR use search box to enter a topic
- Once on topic or search result page, information will be grouped by information type
- Information types are listed in upper right corner of screen under "On This Page" heading
- Locate and click on "statistics" information type heading
Special thanks to the Irene Truong at the Rio Hondo College Library, for allowing us to use her guide as a model for our statistics page.