1. GIVE CONTEXT: Review the list of workshops to determine which ones will best meet your students' needs. Make sure students understand how the workshops will help them complete the assignment.
2. TIMING: Some students wait until after their research assignments have been completed to attend. Give students a deadline for attending workshops. Instruction is most effective at the point of need.
3. POLICIES: Let students know they need to sign up for library workshops in advance.
1. SIGN-UP EARLY: Students must enroll at least one day in advance. Workshops are limited to 20 students, so sign up early!
2. ARRIVE ON TIME: Workshops start on time. Late students will not be admitted.
3. ARRIVE READY TO WORK: Students will practice hands-on research skills with a librarian and fellow students. Keyboarding skills and basic familiarity with computers are recommended.
4. VERIFICATION: Verification of attendance is provided upon completion of a worksheet/assignment, which is reviewed by the librarian. Students will not receive a verification form for a workshop he/she has already attended in the same semester, but students are welcome to retake a workshop to refresh research skills.