Ready to Import?
Watch the video tutorial below:
Or follow these step-by-step directions
- Login to Canvas with your LACCD credentials.
- Get to the Canvas Commons.
- Click on your course’s Canvas shell. On the right, under “Course Status” click on “Import from Commons”
- Alternatively, you can click directly on the Canvas Commons logo in the left-menu to get to the Commons; it looks like a C with an arrow.
- In the Commons, search for “ELAC Library” to see the research modules available.
- Click on the title of a module to see more details about the module and its contents.
- When you're ready to import a module, click on the “Import/Download” button.
- The "Import" option will import the entire module to the Canvas shell(s) you select as a published module at the end of your course.
- The "Download" option will download the module as an imscc file to your computer. You can save this file and upload it to your Canvas shells at a later time.
- Once you're done, you can edit the module(s) in your shells: add content, remove content, edit the quizzes, whatever you need; the content is now yours!