Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
ACE Login Information
(for Computers and Wi-Fi)
- Username = Student ID Number
- Password = ElacMMDD
For questions regarding your ACE Login
Computer Use Policies
ELAC Library Computer Use Policy
- You must be a currently enrolled ELAC student with an ACE account to use the computer workstations.
- No personal software can be installed.
- Preference will be given to students who use the computers for course assignments; students engaging in non-academic activities may be asked to give up their seat when students are waiting to use computers for academic assignments.
- Viewing offensive or pornographic materials is prohibited.
- Anyone found violating these policies will be asked to leave, and repeat violators may lose their privilege to use library computers. Students who damage equipment may face disciplinary, civil, or criminal action.
- If you have any questions or concerns, or need to report a violation, please talk to a librarian at the Research Help Desk or to staff at the Circulation Desk.
LACC District Computer Use Policies
- Save your work frequently to prevent losing data in the event of a power outage or computer malfunction
- Do not save documents on the computer hard drive. Files are wiped out after computer restarts
- Save your work on a USB flash drive or student network drive "S" (For student computer only)
Wi-Fi Wireless Access
- The East Los Angeles College and the library provide wireless access to students, faculty, and staff. This service provides wireless data network access for mobile computing devices such as laptops and smartphones
- For wireless setup assistance, speak to an IT personnel available in the Computer Lab (Room 122)
- The library has 1 computer available for community users (non-students) for a maximum of one hour. However, new students without IDs or students needing to use scanners or DVD players may sign up to use a community computer
- Sign up at the circulation desk with a driver's license or a government issued ID (required)
- No personal software can be installed
- Viewing offensive or pornographic materials is prohibited
- Anyone found violating these policies will be asked to leave, and repeat violators may lose their privilege to use library computers. Students who damage equipment may face disciplinary, civil, or criminal action
- If you have any questions or concerns, or need to report a violation, please talk to a librarian at the Research Help Desk or to staff at the Circulation Desk
- A single station document scanner is available for faculty, staff, and students
- There is a 30 minutes time limit on the use of the scanner, unless there is no other patron waiting in line.
- Library patrons can easily scan newspapers, magazines, documents or books directly without cutting or damaging them