How many books can I check out?
- Patrons can check out up to a maximum of 10 books at any one time.
How do I dispute fines or other library charges?
- Speak to the library staff at the circulation desk. You may be referred to the circulation librarian or a librarian on duty.
How do I renew my books?
- There are three renewal options: (1) in person, (2) by phone, or (3) online.
How do I pay my library fines?
- You will be issued a payment form to be paid at the fiscal office located in building G1.
How do I see what materials I have checked out?
- You can log on to your library account to check on items checked out. Click here for instructions.
If I am not a student at ELAC or South Gate, can I check out materials at the library?
- You must be a currently enrolled student to be able to check library materials.
Can I check out materials if I attend Cal State Los Angeles?
- The Helen Miller Bailey Library has a reciprocal agreement with California State University, Los Angeles whereby ELAC students may use and check out library materials by showing a current ELAC student ID card, or a current registration-fee receipt.
Can I check out books without my student ID card?
- A student identification (ID) card with current semester sticker or validation attached to the back of the card, or current registration receipt is required for borrowing.
Note: A current online receipt printed from the LACCD student information system ALONG WITH another form of photo identification (such as a Passport or Driver's License) is also acceptable.